Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Dynasties of Ancient China/District Writing Assessment (final day)

Related image
Social Studies 
Essential Questions: 
What do artifacts and texts reveal about the way people lived under the rule of your assigned dynasty? 

GOALS:   
To begin researching to answer my questions about my assigned dynasty.

Agenda: 

  • Find out your dynasty
  • Fill out a page of Cornell Note paper with your questions
  • Begin researching


Reminders/Homework:

Your Dynasty Thinglink is due Monday 2/12

English


Essential Questions: 
  • How can I use my resources (outline, articles, reading notes) to write a strong argument essay for the District Common Writing Assessment?
Related image
GOALS: 
  • Finish drafting my essay
  • Use Google Read/Write to listen for areas of my writing that need revision for clarity or fluency.
  • Use the Guidelines as a "check-off" sheet to make sure I have followed all the requirements.
  • Work on my two Achieve assignments: Due Sunday midnight (new due dates for weekly Achieves:  Monday-Sunday--per student request :)
Agenda
1. Argument Essay
2. Achieves:
  •     "A Really Great Wall"  Steps 1-4
  •      Free Choice Steps 1-4



Today IS the last day to complete this in class, on-demand assessment.  I am so excited to read the piece you produce. You have worked hard on your writing this year, so I am confident you will do well!  Remember, as always, I Believe in You!  

Related image


Prompt:
Should our school participate in the national “Shut Down Your Screen Week”? Be sure to use evidence from the texts, as well as your own knowledge, to support and develop your thinking.


REMINDERS/HOMEWORK:  
Work on Achieve Articles (Due before midnight today :)
Memorize the prepositions for Tuesday's test! :)
  • Preposition Test # 2 Tuesday 2/6
  1. before
  2. behind
  3. below
  4. beneath
  5. beside
  6. between
  7. beyond
  8. but (meaning except)
  9. by
  10. concerning
  11. down
  1. Test #3 during-near Friday 2/9
  2. Test #4 of-since Tuesday 2/13
  3. Test #5  through-without Wednesday 2/21