Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

Ketchup Day! Achieves and District Writing Assessment

Image result for ketchup
Social Studies 

English Ketchup! 
Reminders/Homework:
No Homework

English


Essential Questions: 
  • How can I show Mrs. Hauck-Wood that I memorized the first 11 prepositions?
  • How can I use my resources (outline, articles, reading notes) to write a strong argument essay for the District Common Writing Assessment?
  • How can I use the guidelines from my Achieve Thought Question prompt to write a strong response?


GOALS: 
  • Take the proposition test
  • Finish drafting my essay
  • Use Google Read/Write to listen for areas of my writing that need revision for clarity or fluency.
  • Use the Guidelines as a "check-off" sheet to make sure I have followed all the requirements.
  • Finish and polish my Achieve Thought Question and copy and paste it in Google Classroom (see document here)
Agenda
1. Proposition Test  (You can do it!)
2. Argument Essay

Okay, not yesterday, but hopefully today is the last day to complete this in class, on-demand assessment.  I am so excited to read the piece you produce. You have worked hard on your writing this year, so I am confident you will do well!  Remember, as always, I Believe in You!  
Related image


Prompt:
Should our school participate in the national “Shut Down Your Screen Week”? Be sure to use evidence from the texts, as well as your own knowledge, to support and develop your thinking.

2. Achieve
Please make sure to open the Include in Your Writing tab in your Thought Question assignment. Use those bullets as a check-off sheet. Then copy and paste your response into the document in Google Classroom. Put it in MLA format and highlight the vocabulary words suggested to be used in your guidelines.


REMINDERS/HOMEWORK:  
Work on Achieve Articles (Due before midnight today :)
Memorize the prepositions for Tuesday's test! :)
  • Preposition Test # 2 Tuesday 2/6
  1. before
  2. behind
  3. below
  4. beneath
  5. beside
  6. between
  7. beyond
  8. but (meaning except)
  9. by
  10. concerning
  11. down
  1. Test #3 during-near Friday 2/9
  2. Test #4 of-since Tuesday 2/13
  3. Test #5  through-without Wednesday 2/21