Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Writing Workshop

Social Studies

We will devote both periods to Writing Workshop today!



Reminders/Homework

Test: chapters 11 and 12 Wednesday 1/24


English
Essential Questions: 

1. What books do I want to read based on my classmates' recommendations?

2. How can I use my resources to improve my writing?



1. Flip-grid book review share
Please take out your Book Share Form.     
  • Period 1/2 Cassidy T and Cassidy N.
  • Period 5  (Writing Workshop)
  • Period 7/8 Jack W. and Kaden

     
GOALS:  
  • To take responsibility for my portions of this assignment by working diligently (that means taking care and not giving up :).
  • To be supportive of my team by encouraging them through positive comments and patience.

Agenda:

Today you will be either getting feedback or working to complete this assignment.
     
  • 1.  As a group, determine your plan of action by reviewing what each team member must do to complete their draft by this Friday.
Resources:
Ms. Black's screencast videos: 
Additional resources:
   
                                                https://crew.co/blog/5-weak-words-to-avoid/
  REMINDERS:  

                             
                         THE FINAL DRAFT IS DUE FRIDAY 1/19!
                             YOU CAN DO THIS! I BELIEVE IN YOU!




Reminders/Homework

1. Student choice Achieve Steps 1- 4 (Due Friday @ Midnight )

2. Semester Annotated Reading List (Due January 24th--NEW DUE DATE)
    *Instructions to follow*
3. TEAM ARTICLE DUE Friday 1/19