Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

My Space Writing Assignment/Identity and Community

Humanities: English/Social Studies

Goals:
To introduce myself to Mrs. Hauck-Wood by describing my space at home.  

Essential Questions:
How can I participate in a meaningful and productive way?


Agenda
    1.  Book Talk: Things Hoped For and A Week in the Woods, both by Andrew Clements  
Bring your independent reading books; I will check books tomorrow :)
2. My Space Writing Assignment
  • t-chart
  • draft one
  • friendly letter format (google classroom English)
  • final draft document (google classroom English)

    REMINDERS/HOMEWORK:  


    • Bring a book to school every day 
    • Finish and Turn-In your "My Space" letter
    See supply list on schoolloop or below :)  Due ASAP
    •             Pens and Pencils
    •             paper or plastic folder WITH fasteners
    •             (periods ½ blue, period ⅞ red)
      • composition book (any color/design)
      • earbuds
      • recommended: a small 3-ring binder with a section for each class
      • optional:  computer mouse 

    Social Studies 
    Goals:
    1. I will be able to define the word identity
    2. I will be able to identify various factors that shape my identity

    Essential Questions:
    How does Esperanza reveal her identity in the passage:  My Name? What shapes my identity?

    Agenda
        1. Identity and Community
        2.  Identity:  "My Name" by Sandra Cisneros
        3.  Esperanza identity chart
        4.  My personal identity chart
        
    Reminders/Homework:

    • Finish my personal identity chart
    • Bring a book to school tomorrow (Something I am excited to read!)
    • See supply list on schoolloop or below :)  Due ASAP
      • earbuds
      • Pens and Pencils
      • recommended: a small 3-ring binder with a section for each class
      • optional:  computer mouse