Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Reading Workshop/Identity

Humanities: English/Social Studies

Goals:
To : 
  • use literature to know me and the world
  • have an enjoyable literary experience
  • write a letter to a classmate and share my reading experience with them and
to read and respond to their letter in turn
Essential Questions:
How can I participate in a meaningful and productive way?


Agenda
    1.  Silent Read
    2.  Literary Letters
REMINDERS/HOMEWORK:  
  • Bring a book to school every day 
See supply list on schoolloop or below :)  Due ASAP
  •             Pens and Pencils
  •             paper or plastic folder WITH fasteners
  •             (periods ½ blue, period ⅞ red)
    • composition book (any color/design)
    • earbuds
    • recommended: a small 3-ring binder with a section for each class
    • optional:  computer mouse 

Social Studies 
Goals:

  1. I will review and deepen my understanding of identity.
  2. I will be able to identify how my experiences have shaped my identity.

Essential Questions:
What factors shape our identity?

Agenda
    1. Identity and Community

  •    My personal identity chart
    
Reminders/Homework:
  • PERIOD 5 ONLY:  Finish step 1 (questions 1-8) of your Bio Poem outline
  • Bring a book to school tomorrow (Something I am excited to read!)
  • See supply list on schoolloop or below :)  Due ASAP
    • earbuds
    • Pens and Pencils
    • recommended: a small 3-ring binder with a section for each class
    • optional:  computer mouse